How Chiropractic Improves Immunity
Let’s face it—we all have things that stress us out. This time of year, in particular, they seem more prevalent than ever. Between approaching holidays, school projects, busy work schedules, and more, physical and emotional stress can take a toll on us.
And that toll often results in us falling ill with a cold or flu.
Luckily, chiropractic care exists.
Chiropractic adjustments are designed to remove nervous system interference and allow your body to function just how it was designed. When your nerves are free-flowing, stress is reduced instead of building up in the body. Lower stress means improved immunity.
With a healthy immune system, you’re less likely to get sick!
Other Tips for Improved Immunity This Cold Season
While chiropractic care is an excellent way to keep your body in peak performance mode, there are other steps you can take in addition to adjustments. Here are a few of our top suggestions to help combat the upcoming cold and flu season:
- Drink plenty of water! Water is good and important year-round, not just in the summertime. Your body is 70% water, and maintaining that threshold helps it to work properly, fight off germs, and feel your best.
- If you’re feeling off or like a bug might be coming on, drink some water right away.
- Eat healthy, whole foods. This means remembering your fair share of vegetables, lean, organic proteins and minimizing packaged or processed foods.
- Keep visiting Pray Chiropractic even if you’re feeling crummy. Of course, if you can’t get out of bed, we understand that you need your rest.
- Don’t worry about a runny nose, low fever or cough—these symptoms, while unpleasant, are signs that your body is working exactly as it’s supposed to rid itself of the virus you’ve picked up.
Looking for more ways to stay healthy this flu season? We look forward to filling you in at your next appointment. Contact us to book today!